As many families are unaware that hospice can provide the level of care they need and are looking for, knowing what to expect helps them have some peace of mind. At first, you may be hesitant about choosing Hospice Care Services, but the good news is that here, you’re in complete control.
Hospice care is not a place. It’s a service that brings physical, emotional, and spiritual care and support to the patient who’s receiving it. This type of care can be provided wherever the patients call home, whether that’s their family home, an assisted living facility, or a nursing home.
Families should consider their loved one’s end-of-life wishes as they explore what to expect in at-home vs. in-patient hospice care. In-patient beds can be arranged for patients who need it, but most patients can remain in their primary residence if they prefer it.
Hospice care is an excellent option for any individual facing a life-limiting diagnosis, regardless of their age, condition, or illness. Hospice Care can serve patients who are in assisted living or skilled nursing facilities and do not wish to leave.
How Long Does Hospice Last?
Patients may come on-and-off hospice care and re-enroll as needed. Service is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to visit patients intermittently or provide care 24/7 if required. Hospice can stabilize the patient’s medical condition and stay on hospice as long as needed.
Things you can Expect from Hospice Care:
- Compassion: You can expect it every single day from your hospice team. Compassion is not only for the patient but also for the family.
- Professionalism: Your hospice team will always be professional, not in a cold or detached way, but in a way that makes you feel you’re in the right hands.
- Respect: It’s your journey, and the hospice team will always respect that. They will respect your circumstances and your family.
- Dignity: Your dignity is essential to your hospice team. It goes hand-in-hand with respect, and they advocate for your grace.
- Care: Your hospice team will care about you and your family’s peace, both in the good and hard times.
For the most part, your hospice team is ready to help take care of you or your loved one in need of hospice. Looking to you for guidance and, at the same time, providing the answers you need. They will be gentle and confident with the patient. With every visit, things will get easier.
The patients and their families are at the core of our hospice team. We understand that you’re the expert and know exactly what you want and need; the team waits for you to share this information, so they know how to take the best care of you.
If you have questions about what to expect from our Hospice Care Services in Los Angeles or need to begin the hospice admission process, please click here or contact us at 805-4960044